Start taking advantage of your health plan benefits
Do you know about all the perks that come with your health insurance card? While health insurance offers lots of benefits, many often go unused by members. This may come from a lack of awareness. If you’d like to learn more about how to get more from your health plan, you can check out your member portal or visit your health plan’s website for more information. You can also ask your employer questions, as well as ask our customer service by calling the number on the back of your member ID card.
Our goal at Mass General Brigham Health Plan is to remove confusion whenever possible, so that our members can get the most from their health benefits. That’s why we made a list of tips for members to refer to while using their plan throughout the year. Continue reading to learn about our reimbursements, support resources, and member programs.
To start, we encourage all our members to download our member app, which makes it easy to access ID cards and manage copays, co-insurance, and deductibles. Our member app also features a cost-estimator tool that explains cost sharing. In addition to the Mass General Brigham Health Plan member app, our members have access to:
Reimbursements and discounts:
- Fitness reimbursement — This benefit includes fitness facilities, programs, and activities such as ClassPass memberships, Pilates, yoga, Zumba, CrossFit, barre, and virtual fitness subscriptions. The deadline to request your fitness benefit for each calendar year is March 31 of the following year. You can only submit one request per calendar year.
- Breastfeeding support — Many providers and facilities offer breastfeeding support classes at no cost to patients. However, if your provider doesn’t, Mass General Brigham Health Plan will reimburse you for the full cost of these classes.
- Weight-loss reimbursement — If you qualify, you can be reimbursed for up to six months of membership fees in a qualified weight-loss program, such as Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, and Noom.
- Bike helmet reimbursement — Mass General Brigham Health Plan will reimburse 50% of the purchase price of one new helmet per member per calendar year, up to a $15 reimbursement.
- Pediatric care savings — In many plans, we cover a child’s first three sick visits with an in-network PCP and their first three visits with an in-network behavioral health provider.
- Rx Savings Solutions — This is a program designed to help many Mass General Brigham Health Plan members save money on their prescription medications.
Visit our member portal to learn more about what’s available to you. For a full list of member reimbursements, visit massgeneralbrighamhealthplan.org/members/member-resources.
Programs and resources:
- Optum Behavioral Health is available to all Mass General Brigham Health Plan members. With Optum, you can search for providers who offer outpatient services, day programs, residential programs, autism care, and substance and recovery services.
- Lyra Health is available to many Mass General Brigham Health Plan members. With Lyra, you can find mental health services and make an appointment with a therapist or coach.
- Elektra Health helps anyone thrive during perimenopause, menopause, and beyond. Members can use their virtual platform to access education, a private community, and one-on-one guided support.
- Poppy Seed Health supports individuals on their reproductive health journeys, including pregnancy, postpartum, and loss.
- Quit for Life is a tobacco cessation program that helps members quit at no cost. For more information or to enroll, email HealthPlanQuitSmoking@mgb.org or call 857-282-3096.
To learn more about these programs, visit our blog.
Helplines and support:
- Substance Use Treatment Helpline — This helpline is available to connect you with a trained and licensed advocate. They will answer questions, connect you with treatment providers, and help create a personalized treatment plan. You can call the Substance Use Treatment Helpline at 855-780-5955, 24 hours a day.
- Peer recovery coaches — Recovery coaching is available to all Mass General Brigham Health Plan members. Our recovery coaches act as guides, mentors, and advocates.
- Nurse advice line — Call the customer service number on the back of your member ID card to contact a registered nurse, 24/7. Nurses speak English and Spanish, and translation services are available in other languages. Your call, your health records, and what you discuss with the nurse are all private.
For more resources, visit massgeneralbrighamhealthplan.org/behavioral-health.